Thursday, May 05, 2005

I hate CNN

This is related to azulita's post below. The other day (maybe even the same day!) I was watching Headline News. Why? Well, I used to find it soothing. Apparently they have changed the format a little, and instead of the non-stop 25 minute repeating cycle, there are occasional "shows" which suck. So yesterday (or maybe the day before) I was watching something with some idiotic name ("Prime News NOW!!?) and they spent 20 fucking minutes talking about the runa-fucking-way bride. Oh they had interviews with people in Georgia about whether she should pay for the search, they had comments from viewers, they had an attorney talking about how the bride was in seclusion while writing a statement, they had polls about whether her fiance should take her back, it was a regular runaway bride fucking extravaganza.

Then, just before a commercial break, they had a little "in other news today..." bit. Well in other news, we captured the al-Queda #3 dude. [btw: I've heard that he wasn't really the #3 guy, that he sorta got 'promoted' when he was captured. Since I've never heard of this guy and then once they got him he was the 3rd most important person in the whole organization, I suspect a bit of truth to this.] OK, now I understand that an ADULT WOMAN going on a bus trip and NOT TELLING ANYONE is, like, incredibly important for every damn person in the entire country, but, um, HELLO.

CNN is truly pathetic. If it weren't for Anderson Cooper's funny little triangular face and the greatnessthat is Ms. Amanpour, I would just write the whole damn network off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home