Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A little Sunshine

It's been sort of doom and gloom around here lately, so I thought I'd spread a little happiness for a change.

First, run do not walk to go see Little Miss Sunshine. It's the best movie in forever and everything about it fucking rocks. Go see it the minute it comes out near you. Go see it if you have a family you would sometimes be happy to see eaten by wild dogs but that you love not just despite their craziness but maybe even because of it. The acting and directing are filled with amazing tiny moments and the dialogue is sharp as tacks and the story is fantastic and the cinematography is beautiful and I am in love with this movie. You know how Brokeback Mountain left you all sort of haunted and sad for days afterwards? This is like the opposite. I have a joy hangover and just thinking about the movie sends me to my happy place.

You can thank me later.

Second, the Yankees are back in first place. Ahh, that's more like it.

Third, Yao Ming has announced that he will no longer eat shark's fin soup because he cares about the animals. I love Yao.

Last, and this is exciting, it looks like evolution will return to Kansas. That's right, the crazies on the School Board who decided that creationism should be taught in schools and made Kansas the laughing stock of the world have been voted out (by a wide margin!). Proving, perhaps, evolution.

Oh and a note - if you hate to register for websites (like the Times) try bug me not. You enter the url of the site you want and it gives you registration codes. You can thank me later.

Ok, now go forth and be happy (until the next post).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home