Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote like it counts

Today's the day. This is it. No more tomorrows.

Vote. Tell your friends to vote. Do last minute GOTV if you can (yay, momiqua!).

Here are some numbers in case of voting problems:
1-866-OUR VOTE (1-866-687-8683)
1-888-DEMVOTE (1-888-336-8683) (DNC hotline)
1-888-SAV-VOTE (1-888-728-8683)(voting machine problems)
Do not let your vote get taken away.

(Oh - and if you're in NY, vote for Hevesi. The Republican running against him is a genuine conservative, who wants to stop investing state pension money in social programs and all sorts of icky fiscal things. If Hevesi gets kicked out of office, let him get replaced with another Dem. Don't vote for a Republican - just don't. Do vote along the Working Families Party line - it's like making your vote count an extra little bit.)

I have no predictions. Others, who are much more informed, are more confident than I am. If pressed, I'd say the best odds are on the Democrats taking the House by a small number but not the Senate. Truly, that would be enough for me. My fears are that we won't get even that. My dreams are too delicious to share. But I'm wearing blue like it's St. Patrick's Day for democrats, ready for the nightmare to be over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home