Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Time to Pony Up

Hey! You there!
Do you want to send the shitbags in Washington back to their oil rigs and underground slime dens? Want to wake up one morning and not fear the newspaper?

It's all a lot of fun to sit around and bitch about how much we hate them, but hating isn't going to win any elections. I know I don't need to say this, but once again, we must win the midterm elections. There is no way to say this strongly enough. So go give some of your time and work on a race.

What?
You say that's not too likely?
That, like, the chances of you getting your ass down to some campaign office and then banging on doors like an idiot are pretty damn slim? That you totally care but dude, let's be realistic?

OK. That's cool. No, really. It is.
Because then all you need to do is donate some money. That's right! Talk your talk and let your dollars do the walking for you. It's a beautiful thing.

Now look - I am the epitome of all talk no action. I'm like the queen of letting someone else do it. I can justify eight ways to Thursday. I can cheerfully spend $30 on some damn Old Navy shit that I don't need (ooh! another pair of capri pants!) and then complain my ass off about the Chimp-in-Chief and ugh all the rest of ugh them and how someone should really fucking do something about them and not see the disconnect. But these are desperate times my friends, and sacrifice may be necessary. Live without that cute (but admit it - it's vinyl - not even real leather) bag or the 3rd season of Gilmore Girls on DVD. Do something with your money that counts.

Or hell, do what I did and do something with Mastercard's money that you may, someday, pay them back for.

What I'm saying here is that if I can take a break from my (almost) relentless devotion to obtaining every purchasable item in the known world, then god knows you can too.

This link is to the Netroots combined fundraising page. It's a one-stop shop where you can give to all the blogosphere's favorite candidates. Choose one, choose all, pick a few you like. Give $5.01 to each. $10.01 to one. Whatever you like. Just do it. Wondering about the $.01? It's tradition that if you're a netroot/bloggy type you give an extra cent - it's our way of letting the candidates know where the money came from.

And thanks, in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home