Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I am running out of expletives

But "what the fuck you godamned piss-ass pansy waisted incompetent shit-for-brains cover your won asses at the expense of the fucking world" is sort of the direction I would like to go in.

I don't have a link, but this is from this morning's amNY (the lovely free paper I get every morning. It's a real paper, I swear. It is, in fact, "Manhattan's most-read daily" and is pretty awesome with all kinds of articles on transportation alternatives and affordable housing issues etc.)
Report: X-rays can't detect shoe bombs
X-ray machines used to screen passengers' shoes are unable to detect explosives, according to a Homeland Security Department report on aviation screening. Findings from the report did not stop the Transportation Security Administration from announcing Sunday that all airline passengers must remove their shoes and run them through X-ray machines before boarding commercial aircraft.

I am not making this up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simply Lauren. said...

Hey! My main issue is: Can we as a nation, adaquetly protect our citizens against terrorism without vastly infringing on our civil liberties? Hmmm....I don't think so. During these times of "war", civil liberties are bent, and often broken. We have to uphold the platform that our nation was founded upon AND protect its citizens. What to do. What to do.

August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home