Thursday, May 18, 2006

Oh, I see. Duh.

Stupid, stupid me.
One of my big questions about this whole immigration situation (which btw I think is a totally made-up issue, but whatevs, at this point) was this:

If the reason we want to do something about the illegal immigrants is that they are a giant strain on local resources (schools, hospitals, etc.), and our solution is to build a giant, multi-gazillion dollar fence to keep people out (and fences have really proven themselves to be a fantastic idea in the past), why don't we just you know, use that fence building money to improve and assist local communities that are finding their resources squeezed?

I know there's this whole nutbag "national security" argument but puh-leez. Like terrorists can't figure out that the Canadian border is hella easier to cross. I mean what the hell are we going to do? Build giant fences along all 15,000 or so miles of our land borders? Idiots.

But of course I just wasn't thinking. This is why we're building the wall. Because it will make money for defense contractors. You gotta admit, at least these assclowns are consistent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home