Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Retail obsessions

I know this has nothing to do with the political, but it's my blog dammit, and I want to tell you something.
I love Muji.
I've loved Muji for a very long time now. Long before it was hip. I first discovered the joy of Muji on a rainy night in London, and I have since become a little, well, crazy about it. People who have been around my Muji-madness are frightened by it, as it leads to the compulsive need to put everything in little containers.
Oh yes - what is Muji?
It is the store of dreams. All kinds of cool, functional, minimalist things. Clothes, furniture, stationary, travel and cosmetic supplies, pens, and lots and lots of bags and storage. I know that doesn't sound interesting but it really is. The problem has always been that they have no U.S. outlets. Many in London and Paris, none here. And so my Mujilove has been confined to trips abroad.
But Lo! I have discovered you can order stuff from their website here and they will ship it to you for not that much money. Or, if you live in NY, you can go to their store-within-a-store at the MoMA store at 81 Spring Street.
Now go and make beautiful minimalist music.

1 Comments:

Blogger azulita said...

ain't it 'stationery?' why haven't we gone here CHINIQUA???

March 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home