Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rumors of War

Wanna play conspiracy?

There are vague, disparate, slightly crazed hints of rumors spreading around the internets that we are about to attack Iran. There were alleged Karl Rove comments to the effect of "don't be afraid my Republican children, we have a doozy of an October surprise for you!" There is some sort of naval deployment to the Gulf underway, there are individual reports from people around military bases claiming that there has been unusual activity, and there are reports that large amounts of money on Wall Street have been shorted (is that the right term?) for October 6th.

All of this means exactly nothing. I didn't even link to anything for you because I haven't seen anything that seems in any way concrete or even informative. But I thought you'd like to know, and of course if we do start bombing Iran on Friday, just before I tear out my hair and then drive to Canada I'll be able to say that I called it.

Oh, OK, y'all are too cute. Here's a one-stop shopping link to a lot of the crazy rumors on the tubes. Take it all with a grain of salt. Then get a little scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home