Friday, January 14, 2005

Random

This is just an aside, but wtf with Prince Harry? I always rather liked him as he was loose and a little wild. But really, how dumb do you have to be to dress up as a nazi? That's not even funny when you're not, you know, a prince.

But the thing that really galls me is that no one seems to have a problem with the fact that the whole theme of the damn costume party was "Colonials and Natives" which is in itself really freaking offensive. How many white upper-upper-upper class british twits do you suppose were dressed up like Native Americans, Indians and Africans? Because frankly I would be no less offended if wee Harry was in blackface with a spear.

William, who I've always though of as a bit of a stiff, did rather well as a lion. Although I suppose they are also still reeling from the effects of colonialism. But still, I'm going to assume that other lions were not offended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home